Love is an action verb. What I mean by that is, love is not just something you say to another, but it is what you do for another. I have loved many people in my life and I have tried my best to show each person that my love was real. For example, when I told my parents that I loved them, I showed them by being respectful to them. I tried my best to be a good son even though I haven’t always been as good as I would have liked. Loving your parents mean you go out of your way not to embarrass them. In my case when I did something that I knew my parents would object to, I used a different name not to embarrass the family name. It wasn’t that I went out trying to do things my parents would have a problem with, but sometimes life isn’t fair and we have choices to make that doesn’t always go along with our up-bringing. On other occasions it was as simple as destiny calling.
Love is a powerful thing. As I have said before in previous blogs; God is love and there is nothing in this world greater than God. Even the worst of man is capable of love and loving someone else. In my line of work I came across men that were capable of anything, but yet they had parents, wives, girlfriends and children whom they loved with all their being. Going back to love being an action verb, these men would give their lives to the ones they loved.
Using myself as an example again, I am an intense lover. I would give my life for the ones I love, meaning my woman and my family. Going back to what I said previously about loving the people in my life, I will give yet another example. I loved my brothers enough to sacrifice myself so that they could have a better life. Once I was in a situation where things got intense at a party. I got into an altercation with a guy defending a woman one night. Things got so intense that night that I thought either I, or he [the other man] would die that night. I could have called my brothers to help insure that I lived, but I felt they had too much to loose to save my life by ending someone else’s. Thank God no one died that night.
I say, I love you. Sometimes, I say it a lot and other times I say it seldom, but it’s the things I’m willing to do that say it the loudest. What good is loving someone when you never take the time to show them? How do they know it’s for real? When you truly love someone you are willing to do the impossible for them; even if it’s not possible; you want to do it if it’s for the good, or if you know it will make them happy. Never take a person’s love for granted. Some people search the world for someone to love only to never find it. If you are ever lucky enough to find it, hang on to it because it may never come around again. So many songs have been written on the subject, but I wonder if people actually realize what true love is all about. Sometimes love can be painful, but we push through that pain having faith that the one that hurts us will someday understand what it was they did that hurt us, or vice versa. Love has no boundaries. It can abide near or far, today or forever.
We live in times where people live very busy lives. I’m asking everyone that reads this blog to stop what they are doing and take the time to let someone you know and love actually know that you truly love them by doing something to show it. It doesn’t have to be big. Sometimes the simplest gesture says it the loudest. Especially, to the person you are in love with. Ciao.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment